- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- 1759 Society of Arts Premium Drawing
- ca. 1759
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Society of Arts records
- Associated People & Organisations
- Royal Society of Arts, records
- William Bailey, One hundred and six Copper Plates of Mechanical Machines, and Implements of Husbandry: London, 1782, p. 204
- Adrian Bury, Francis Towne - Lone Star of Water-Colour Painting, Charles Skilton: London, 1962, p. 20
- Robert Dossie, Memoirs of Agriculture, and other Oeconomical Arts: London, 1768, p. 416
- Paul Oppé, 'Francis Towne, Landscape Painter', The Walpole Society: London, 1920, pp. 96-97
- Society of Arts, A Register of the Premiums and Bounties given by the Society...: London, 1778, p. 35
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 30
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Revision 1 Sept 2016
74 KB pdf file
Changes were made to this Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes.
Reference URL: FT001Versions
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.