- Arabella Yeoman
- A View near Exeter
- Pen and ink, watercolour
- image height 216mm,
- image width 292mm
- on a contemporary mount
- artist's mount
- “1801 / A View near Exeter drawn / by Arabella Yeoman from / a Drawing by F.Towne”
- in Towne’s hand, on a label formerly attached to the mount
- Object Type
In an album “dispersed during the 1980s” according to Wilcox. The example entered the collection of Dudley Snelgrove (dead by 1992), whose estate sold it at Sotheby’s on 19 November 1992, lot 340, to the owner in 2005.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection, 19 November 1992
- Sotheby's, London, London, 19 November 1992
- Dudley Snelgrove ( - 1992)
- Exhibition History
- Francis Towne, Tate Gallery; Leeds City Art Gallery, 24 June 1997 - 4 January 1998, no. 85
- Huon Lancelot Mallalieu, Understanding Watercolours, Antique Collectors' Club: Woodbridge, 1985, p. 114
- 1 Wilcox 1997, p.159.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.