- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- A Waterfall
- No date
- image height 279mm,
- image width 229mm
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- 1951 Exeter catalogue; Agnew's records
Exhibit 60 in the 1951 Exeter exhibition, lent by Canon Francis Henry Dumville Smythe (1872/1873–1966). Pen and wash, 11 x 9 in. (279 x 229 mm) (exhibition catalogue). Sold by Smythe at Christie’s on 13 March 1961, lot 162, to Agnew’s (no.1231) with two other drawings (subjects: a thatcher and a cathedral). On 22 January 1962 Agnew’s sold it to a private collector.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection, 22 January 1962
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 13 March 1961, no.1231
- Christie's, London, London, 13 March 1961, lot 162
- Canon Francis Henry Dumville Smythe (1872/73 - 1966)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.