- John Jeffrey Short (1753 - 1801)
- Alpine Landscape
- Pencil, watercolour
- image height 560mm,
- image width 370mm
- the paper laid on to a contemporary mount
- sheet, recto, lower left
- “J.Short / delt. 1796”
- in brown ink, perhaps in Towne’s hand
- artist's mount, verso
- “No.7 John Short delint. 1796”
- in brown ink in Towne’s hand
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
Descended from the artist to Mr and Mrs Tremlett of Bickham House, who sold it at Hampton and Littlewood, Exeter, on 1 May 2008, lot 508.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection, 1 May 2008
- Hampton & Littlewood, Exeter, 1 May 2008
- Mr and Mrs Tremlett
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.