- Unidentified circle of Towne
- Cascade of Buffalora
- No date
- Pencil, pen and grey and brown inks, grey and brown washes
- image height 240mm,
- image width 371mm
- on paper with a vertical crease down the centre
- sheet, recto
- lower centre, “Cascade of Buffalora” in grey ink and, lower right, “No 15” in brown ink
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Examination; Museum records (image)
Acquired from Yvonne Ffrench (fl.1933–68) by Paul Mellon (1907–1999) before 1975, and probably ca. 1964, and given by him to the current owner, the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven (B1975.4.1741). Quite likely Ffrench acquired the drawing among a group bought from an East Anglian dealer prior to July 1960.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 1975, B1975.4.1741
- Mr Paul Mellon (1907 - 1999), 1964
- Yvonne Ffrench (fl.1933 - 1968)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.