- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Chudleigh Park
- No date
- Pen and black ink, watercolour
- image width 205mm,
- image length 190mm
- paper indistinctly watermarked
- sheet, verso
- “Chudleigh”; if the drawing is BP205, it is numbered “9”, dated “1787”, and inscribed “Chudleigh Park”
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Sotheby’s records (image)
Untraced apart from its sale at Sotheby’s on 16 July 1981, lot 78, for £500. However, either this or FT540 is probably BP205, which appears not to have left the Merivale family during the lifetime of Judith Ann Merivale (1860–1945).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Sotheby's, London, London, 16 August 1981, GBP 500
- [?] Judith Ann Merivale (1860 - 1945), Oxford, May 1915, BP205
- [?] Maria Sophia Merivale (1853 - 1928), Oxford, May 1915, BP205
- [?] John Herman Merivale (1779 - 1844), 1825
- [?] James White (1744 - 1825), Exeter, 1816
- 1 Paul Oppé records: notes, ca. 1915.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.