- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- ca. 1785
- Oil on canvas
- canvas length 1000mm,
- canvas width 1510mm
- Object Type
- Oil painting
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Wilcox 1997 (image)
Presumably commissioned by Sir Thomas Dyke Acland, 5th Bt (1752–1794), in ca. 1785 and now at Killerton House (now owned by the National Trust).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Killerton House, Broadclyst, Exeter, 1995, NT 922290
- [?] Lady Henrietta Anne Acland (née Hoare) (1765 - 1841), Exwick, Exeter, 1785
- [?] Sir Thomas Dyke Acland (1752 - 1794), Exwick, Exeter, 1785
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 131
- 1 Acland 1981.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.