- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Lake Como
- Pencil (?), pen and grey ink, watercolour
- image width 315mm,
- image length 490mm
- laid paper watermarked "WHATMAN"
- mounted by the artist
- sheet, recto, lower left
- “Francis Towne delt 1785”
- artist's mount, verso
- “[. . .]drawn by Francis Towne / 1785”
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Sotheby's records (image)
Untraced apart from its sale by “a lady” at Sotheby’s on 15 March 1984, lot 133, for £20,000 to Agnew’s.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 15 March 1984, GBP 20000
- Sotheby's, London, London, 15 March 1984
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.