- Lake Geneva
- No date
- Pen and ink, grey wash
- image height 257mm,
- image width 699mm
- paper watermarked “J WHATMAN 1813”
- mounted by the artist
- sheet, verso
- “Savoy side of the Lake of Geneva / [. . .]ng by Fr.Towne JWA”
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
In the collection of Theodore Besterman (1904–1976) before it was on sale at Spink in 1982. It was offered for sale at Sotheby’s on 21 November 1985, lot 172. Spink owned it in spring 1987.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Spink & Son, London, 1987
- Sotheby's, London, London, 21 November 1985
- Spink & Son, London, London, 1982
- Theodore Besterman
- Exhibition History
- English Watercolour Drawings Annual Exhibition 1982, Spink, 1982, no. 4
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.