- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- A small landscape after nature
- image width 445mm,
- image length 546mm
- sheet, recto
- Object Type
- Oil painting
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Grant (image); Bury
Untraced apart from its ownership during the early twentieth century by Colonel Maurice Harold Grant (1872–1962). Several of Grant’s pictures were on sale at the gallery of H. M. Luther in 1964.
- Associated People & Organisations
- [?] H. M. Luther, London, 1964
- Colonel Maurice Harold Grant (1872 - 1962)
- Exhibition History
- [?] The Exhibition of the Royal Academy, Royal Academy of Arts, 1775, no. 313 as 'A small landscape after nature', or 314 as 'A small landscape, its companion'
- Adrian Bury, Francis Towne - Lone Star of Water-Colour Painting, Charles Skilton: London, 1962, p. 65
- Maurice Harold Grant, The Old English Landscape Painters, F. Lewis: Leigh-on-Sea, 1953
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.