- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Landscape Composition
- No date
- Pencil, pen and black ink, watercolour
- image height 156mm,
- image width 156mm
- sheet, recto, lower right
- “F.Towne / delt”
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Examination (image)
Bequeathed by the artist in 1816 to James White of Exeter (1744–1825), on whose death it passed to Towne’s residuary legatee John Herman Merivale (1779–1844) and his successors. It descended through the Merivale family until 2008, when it was sold to a dealer.
- Associated People & Organisations
- John Herman Merivale (1779 - 1844), 1825
- James White (1744 - 1825), Exeter, 1816
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.