- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Landscape Composition
- No date
- Pen and grey ink, watercolour
- image height 206mm,
- image width 286mm
- sheet, recto, lower left
- “F.Towne delt”
- signed and numbered “30”
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Christie's records (image)
Untraced until sold by the heirs of Walter C. Hetherington of Gerrards Cross (dead by 1978) at Christie’s on 14 February 1978, lot 109, to Leger Galleries, whereafter it is untraced. Probably this is BP263, Italian, numbered 30, sold in 1936 by Judith Merivale to Squire Gallery for £5 10s.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Leger Galleries, London, 14 February 1978
- Christie's, London, London, 14 February 1978, lot 109
- Walter C. Hetherington ( - 1978), Gerards Cross, Buckinghamshire, 14 February 1978
- [?] Squire Gallery, London, 1936, GBP 5 10s
- [?] Judith Ann Merivale (1860 - 1945), Oxford, May 1915, BP263
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.