- Unidentified circle of Towne
- Landscape Composition, after Annibale Carraci
- The Road to the Lake
- No date
- Pencil, watercolour
- image height 275mm,
- image width 213mm,
- sheet height 405mm,
- sheet width 322mm
- medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- fleur-de-lis watermark (similar to Heawood 1849)
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Examination; Museum records (image)
Untraced until 1 May 1964 when purchased from Agnew’s for £60 (as by John White Abbott) by Paul Mellon (1907–1999) who gave it to the Yale Center for British Art, New Haven (B1975.4.982; gift to Yale, 1975).
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.