- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Landscape with Horseman and Goats
- Landscape with cattle on a road
- Horseman and Goats
- ca. 1790
- Pencil, pen and brown ink, watercolour
- image height 279mm,
- image width 297mm
- Object Type
Bought by Howard Spensley (1869/1870–1938) from Squire Gallery on 22 October 1934 (where it was exhibited as no.6) for 11½ guineas, and bequeathed by him to the current owner, the National Gallery of Victoria, Australia (no.762 in the Spensley Catalogue). The drawing is said by the museum to have originated with the Merivale family and is possibly BP273, Horseman and Goats.
- Associated People & Organisations
- National Gallery National Gallery of Victoria, Victoria, 1938, 613-4
- Howard Spensley (1869/70 - 1938), 22 October 1934, GBP 11.5 guineas
- Squire Gallery, London, 22 October 1934, GBP 11.5gns
- [?] Judith Ann Merivale (1860 - 1945), Oxford, 1915, BP273
- [?] Maria Sophia Merivale (1853 - 1928), Oxford, 1915, BP273
- [?] John Herman Merivale (1779 - 1844), 1825
- [?] James White (1744 - 1825), Exeter, 1816
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.