- Eliza Gwillim
- Moonlit Coastal View
- Pen and grey ink, grey wash
- on an eighteenth-century washline mount
- sheet, recto, lower right
- “Eliza Gwillim Invt / 1783”
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Owner (image)
In the collection of Miss Elizabeth Crabbe (d. ca. 1970), whose family gave it after her death to a friend, in whose collection it remained in 2006. That owner believed that Miss Crabbe, who was descended from employees of General John Graves Simcoe (1752–1806), acquired the drawing at a sale of Simcoe property early in the twentieth century.
- Mary Lu MacDonald, 'Simcoe, Elizabeth Postuma (1762-1850)', Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press: Oxford, 2004
- 1 See Houlding 2004 and Macdonald 2004.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.