- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Much Wenlock, Shropshire, with the Ruins of the Priory Church
- ca. 1783
- Pen and black ink, watercolour
- image width 230mm,
- image length 330mm
- sheet, recto, lower right
- “Francis Towne delt 1783”
- in pen, written in a formal manner
- sheet, verso
- “Much Wenlock, Shropshire, with the Ruins of the Priory Church and the Parish Church of Holy Trinity in the Distance”
- Object Type
- Wenlock Priory
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Sotheby's records (image)
Untraced apart from its sale at Sotheby’s on 16 March 1978, lot 175, by R. M. H. Evans.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.