- attributed to Francis Towne
- Riverside Buildings
- Backs of Houses by the Water
- No date
- Pen and grey ink, watercolour
- image length 203mm,
- image width 216mm
- in an eighteenth-century mount
- Object Type
Untraced until acquired in ca. 1949 by Walker’s Galleries, from whom it was bought in 1956 by the present owner, the Museum and Art Gallery, Newport.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Newport Museum and Art Gallery, Newport, 1956
- Walker's Galleries, London, 1949
- Exhibition History
- unidentified exhibition, Walker's Galleries, 1949, no. 153 as 'Backs of Houses by the Water by Towne'
- Adrian Bury, Francis Towne - Lone Star of Water-Colour Painting, Charles Skilton: London, 1962, p. 137 (as by Towne)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.