- B. T. Pouncey after Francis Towne
- Ruins of La Bathia, near Martigny
- Etching, proof before letters
- image height 324mm,
- image width 254mm
- sheet, recto, lower left
- “Painted by F.Towne 1789”
- sheet, recto
- “Etch’d B.T.Pouncy 1793”
- sheet, verso
- “This is near Martigne at the head of the Lake of Geneva / From Mr Towne / Mr [?]Crews”
- in pencil
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Information supplied by Timothy Wilcox.
In a private collection in 1998, otherwise unknown.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 90
- 1 Devon Record Office, 3459/E36.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.