- William Jackson (1730 - 1803)
- Various: most are in pencil, pen and ink, and watercolour, others in pencil only
- laid paper with a Britannia watermark
- a sketchbook, extensively inscribed
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Examination (images)
Descended from the artist to his illegitimate son William Emsley (1797–1866), in whose family it descended to a private collection in 1997.
- William Jackson, 'A Short Sketch of my own Life [written in 1802]', Gainsborough's House Review, ed. Amal Asfour and Paul Williamson (ed.), Gainsborough's House Society: Sudbury, 1997, pp. 79-97
- 1 Published in full as Jackson 1997, pp.57–102.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.