- Sketchbook of Devon Views
- Pen and ink, or pen and ink and wash, one pencil
- “Views principally in the neighbourhood of Exeter – in the Month of September 1810”
- in ink, inscriptions in dark brown ink throughout
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Museum records
Untraced until given by F. W. Smith in 1957 to the current owner, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter (49.1957.2).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter, 1957, 49.1957.2
- F. W. Smith
- Exhibition History
- Francis Towne, Tate Gallery; Leeds City Art Gallery, 24 June 1997 - 4 January 1998, no. 86
- Jane C. Baker, Catalogue of Oil Paintings, Watercolours, Drawings and Sculpture, Exeter Museums: Exeter, 1978, p.93 (as by John Merivale, father of the artist)
- 1 Merivale letters, transcript at Wordsworth Trust.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.