- Sketchbook of West Country and Midlands Views
- Several pencil only, others with pen and grey ink and grey wash
- “Summer of 1801”
- several in pencil, others in grey ink, and some in dark brown ink throughout
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Museum records
Untraced until given by F. W. Smith in 1957 to the current owner, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter (49.1957.1).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter, 1957, 49.1957.1
- F. W. Smith, 1957
- Jane C. Baker, Catalogue of Oil Paintings, Watercolours, Drawings and Sculpture, Exeter Museums: Exeter, 1978, p.93 (as by John Merivale, father of the artist)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.