- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- No date
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Barton Place catalogue; Agnew's records
Bequeathed by the artist in 1816 to James White of Exeter (1744–1825), on whose death it passed to Towne’s residuary legatee John Herman Merivale (1779–1844) and his successors. Merivale’s granddaughters Maria Sophia Merivale (1853–1928) and Judith Ann Merivale (1860–1945), both of Oxford, inherited the drawing in May 1915 (listed below BP89 as “Snowdon framed JAM”) and it is thereafter untraced (as the Barton Place catalogue does not record the sale or gift of this drawing, it may have remained in Judith Merivale’s collection until her death).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Judith Ann Merivale (1860 - 1945), Oxford, May 1915, listed below BP89 as “Snowdon framed JAM”
- Maria Sophia Merivale (1853 - 1928), Oxford, May 1915, listed below BP89 as “Snowdon framed JAM”
- John Herman Merivale (1779 - 1844), 1825
- James White (1744 - 1825), Exeter, 1816
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.