- Study in the Style of Salvator Rosa
- No date
- Unknown, but probably including pen and ink
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Barton Place catalogue
Bequeathed by the artist in 1816 to James White of Exeter (1744–1825), on whose death they passed to Towne’s residuary legatee John Herman Merivale (1779–1844) and his successsors. Merivale’s granddaughters Maria Sophia Merivale (1853–1928) and Judith Ann Merivale (1860–1945), both of Oxford, inherited the drawing in May 1915 (BP270). The Barton Place catalogue makes no mention of its disposal prior to Judith Merivale’s death.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Judith Ann Merivale (1860 - 1945), Oxford, May 1915, BP270
- Maria Sophia Merivale (1853 - 1928), Oxford, May 1915, BP270
- John Herman Merivale (1779 - 1844), 1825
- James White (1744 - 1825), Exeter, 1816
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.