- The Convent of S. Antonio, Tivoli
- No date
- Pen and grey ink, watercolour
- image height 340mm,
- image length 251mm
- sheet, verso
- “Tivoli. Convent of St. Antonio. / F.T. JWA”
Sold by the artist’s great-granddaughter Rosetta Frances Dobson (1892–1965) to Agnew’s (no.2604) on 3 December 1937 among a group of twenty-five John White Abbott drawings (including FT828, FT833b, FT833c, FT835). Agnew’s sold it on 4 April 1938 to J. H. Scott-Mason for £10 10s. and it was subsequently in the collection of E. M. Scott-Mason. In November 1974 it was bought by Agnew’s (no.4307), who sold it on 22 November 1978. It was on sale again at Agnew’s in 1999, whereafter it is untraced.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 1999
- Private Collection, 22 November 1978
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, November 1974, no.4307
- Mrs E. M. Scott-Mason, 1974
- J. H. Scott-Mason, 4 April 1938, GBP 10 10s
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 3 December 1937, no.2604
A group with FT828, FT833b, FT833c, and FT835
- Rosetta Frances Dobson (1892 - 1965), December 1937
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.