- The Isle of Capri
- No date
- Pen and grey ink, grey and blue washes
- image height 310mm,
- image length 630mm
- paper watermarked “J WHATMAN 1813”
- sheet, verso
- “Naples, The Island of Capria. Evening.. F.T.JWA”
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
- The Island of Capri
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Examination; Sotheby’s records (image)
Descended within the White Abbott family until sold at Sotheby’s on 21 March 2001, lot 173, for £2,000. It is thereafter untraced.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Sotheby's, London, London, 21 March 2001, lot 173
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.