- E. Trosse
- The Temple of Hercules Victor, Tivoli
- The Villa At Maecenas, Tivoli
- image height 254mm,
- image width 203mm
- paper watermarked with a crown and Prince of Wales feathers
- mounted (?)by the artist
- sheet, recto, lower left
- “E. Trosse delt. 1793”
- (in Towne’s hand?)
- artist's mount, verso
- “The Villa of Mecaenas at Tivoli from a drawing of Francis Towne’s / E.Trosse delt 1793”
- in Towne’s hand
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Museum records (image)
In the collection of the current owner, the Royal Albert Memorial Museum, Exeter, by 1971 (121/1978x).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery, Exeter, 1971, 121/1978x
- Exhibition History
- Paintings and Drawings by Francis Towne and John White Abbott in the collection of Exeter Museums and Art Gallery, Royal Albert Memorial Museum, 1971, no. p. 38
- Jane C. Baker, Catalogue of Oil Paintings, Watercolours, Drawings and Sculpture, Exeter Museums: Exeter, 1978, p. 122
- 1 Confusion, in other contexts, of the names “Trosse” and “Trope” dates from as long ago as the eighteenth century: Gomme 1893, p.89.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.