- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- No date
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Notebooks and papers of Paul Oppé (1878-1957), private collection
Bequeathed by the artist in 1816 to James White (1744-1825) of Exeter, on whose death it passed to Towne's residuary legatee, John Herman Merivale and his successors. Merivale's grand-daughter Emily Harriet Buckingham (b.1853) inherited the drawing ca.1915, whereafter it is untraced. It was seen by Paul Oppé in Emily Buckingham's collection in 1915. He noted it as "Ugbrooke no date."
- Associated People & Organisations
- Emily Harriet Buckingham (1853 - 1923)
- John Herman Merivale (1779 - 1844)
- James White (1744 - 1825)
- 1 Paul Oppé records: notes, ca. 1915.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.