- No date
- Pencil, pen and grey ink, grey wash
- image height 216mm,
- image length 452mm
- mounted by the artist
- artist's mount, verso
- “Vesuvius. Naples. Morning Light from the Right / F.T. JWA”
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
Descended to Gertrude Agnes White Abbott (d.1937, née Prynne), wife of the artist’s grandson who gave it to the current owner, the Victoria and Albert Museum (E.3987-1923).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1923, E.3987-1923
- Gertrude Agnes White Abbott ( - 1937)
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 158
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.