- William Mackinnon (active 1798)
- View of Lausanne, after Johann Ludwig Aberli
- Pencil, watercolour
- image height 384mm,
- image width 569mm
- sheet, recto, lower left
- “W Mackinnon / 1798”
- Object Type
Acquired in 1873 by the current owner, the Victoria and Albert Museum, London (115-1873). Presumably they acquired it from the same source as the two watercolours by Mackinnon now in the British Museum, which were purchased from Walrond in 1872.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Victoria and Albert Museum
- Adrian Bury, Francis Towne - Lone Star of Water-Colour Painting, Charles Skilton: London, 1962, p. 112
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 160
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.