- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- View of Rome
- ca. 1780 - 1781
- Probably pencil and watercolour, judging from the surviving examples from the same numbered series
- [?] image height 320–33 mm,
- [?] image length 450–89 mm
- (?) mounted by the artist
- artist's mount, verso
- probably numbered “5”
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Jones 1890; Inferred from FT426, FT428, FT431, FT432
Probably commissioned by Thomas Snow of Cleve (1748–1832) and still at Cleve in 1890, since when it is untraced.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.