- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- View of the Falls of the Cayne
- No date
- Oil on canvas
- image height 1372mm,
- image length 1676mm
- Object Type
- Oil painting
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Exhibition catalogue; Towne’s letter of 1815
- Associated People & Organisations
- Exhibition History
- Works of British artists placed in the Gallery of the British Institution, Pall-Mall for exhibition and Sale, British Institution, 1815, no. 172 as 'View of the Fall of Cayne in Merionethshire, North Wales, measuring 1372 x 1676 mm, displayed in the South Room, East Side'
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 43
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.