- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Waterfall at Chudleigh Rock
- Pencil, pen and brown ink, watercolour
- sheet, recto, lower right
- “F.Towne.delt / 1787”
- in brown ink
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Owner (image)
The 12th Baron Clifford of Chudleigh (1889–1964) gave this during the 1950s to one of his stepchildren, in whose family it remains. Lord Clifford’s ownership means that the drawing probably originated in the collection of Hugh, 5th Baron Clifford of Chudleigh (1756–1793).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection
- Lewis Joseph Hugh Clifford (1889 - 1964)
- [?] Hugh Edward Henry Clifford, 5th Baron Clifford of Chudleigh (1756 - 1793)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.