- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- A Lane in the Village of Heavitree, near Exeter
- ca. 1791
- Pen and ink, watercolour
- image width 197mm,
- image length 159mm
- sheet, recto
- on the cottage wall: “White”
- sheet, verso
- “A Lane in the Village of Heavitree, near Exeter”
- and signed
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Agnew’s records (image); Sotheby’s records
Untraced until sold by W. M. Smith at Sotheby’s, 15 July 1964, lot 49, to Colnaghi for £820. It was acquired by Derek Lockett of Clonterbrook House, Cheshire, and sold by the Clonterbrook Trustees at Sotheby’s on 27 June 1968, lot 145, to Agnew’s (no.8537), who bought it on behalf of a collector, whereafter it is untraced.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 27 July 1968, no.8537
Acquired on behalf of a collector, whereafter it is untraced.
- Sotheby's, London, London, 27 July 1968, lot 145
- Derek Lockett ( - 1993), Cheshire, July 1968
- P&D Colnaghi & Co, London, 15 July 1964
- Sotheby's, London, London, 15 July 1964, GBP 820, lot 49
- W. M. Smith, July 1964
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.