- attributed to Francis Towne
- A Mill
- No date
- Pencil, watercolour
- image width 210mm,
- image width 285mm
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Sotheby's records (image)
Untraced until sold at Sotheby’s on 2 July 1955, lot 48, for £12 to Agnew’s (no.8027) on behalf of Henry Charles Green (1883/1884–1966), who sold it at Sotheby’s on 18 October 1961, lot 176. It was again sold at Sotheby’s on 12 March 1987, lot 113, for £3,000. It is thereafter untraced.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection, 12 March 1987, GBP 3000
- Sotheby's, London, London, 12 March 1987, lot 113
- Sotheby's, London, London, 18 October 1961, lot 176
- Henry Charles Green (1883/84 - 1966), 2 July 1955
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 2 July 1955, GBP 12, no.8027
Acquired on behalf of Henry Charles Green.
- Sotheby's, London, London, 2 July 1955, lot 48
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.