- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- Dunsford Bridge on the Teign
- image width 152mm,
- image length 197mm
- sheet, verso
- “A View of Dunsford Bridge, on the Teign. Francis Towne, 1785”
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- 1951 Exeter catalogue
The drawing is untraced apart from its possession by W. G. S. Dyer between 1951 and 1962.
- Associated People & Organisations
- W. G. S. Dyer
- Exhibition History
- Three Exeter Artists of the Eighteenth Century: Francis Hayman RA, Francis Towne, John White Abbott, Royal Albert Memorial Museum, 1951, no. 22
- Adrian Bury, Francis Towne - Lone Star of Water-Colour Painting, Charles Skilton: London, 1962, p. 151
- Benjamin Donn, 'A Map of the County of Devon', Benjamin Donn: A Commemorative Volume, Devon and Cornwall Record Society and The University of Exeter: Exeter, 1965, plate 7b
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.