- Trees with classical buildings
- Pen and brown, grey and blue inks, brown, grey and blue washes
- image height 192mm,
- image width 140mm
- paper watermarked “J WHATMAN”
- on an eighteenth-century mount
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
Untraced until November 1932 when on sale at Squire Gallery, who on 22 January 1935 sold it to Howard Spensley (1869/1870–1938) for £4 10s. Spensley bequeathed it to the current owner, the National Gallery of Victoria, Australia (Acc. no.620-4).
- Associated People & Organisations
- National Gallery National Gallery of Victoria, Victoria, 1938, Acc. no.620-4
- Howard Spensley (1869/70 - 1938), 22 January 1935, GBP 4.10s
- Squire Gallery, London, 1932
- Exhibition History
- Early English Water-Colours and Drawings, Squire Gallery, 1932
- 1 The Times, 1 November 1932.
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.