- Marianne Pare after Francis Towne
- No date
- Pencil (?), pen and ink, watercolour
- image height 140mm,
- image width 248mm
- on a contemporary mount
- sheet, verso
- “Marianne Pare / Decr. the 14th. 1801 – ”
- “Marianne Pare from / a Drawing by Francis Towne / 1801”
- in Towne’s hand
- Object Type
- Landscape Composition
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Owner (image)
Untraced until acquired by Dudley Snelgrove (dead by 1992), whose estate sold it at Sotheby’s on 19 November 1992, lot 340, to the owner in 2005.
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection, 19 November 1992
- Sotheby's, London, London, 19 November 1992, lot 340
- Dudley Snelgrove ( - 1992)
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.