- No date
- Pencil, pen and grey ink, watercolour
- image height 260mm,
- image width 412mm
- mounted by the artist
- artist's mount, verso
- “Mendris near Como – Morning Light from the Right. F.T.J.W.A.”
- Object Type
Descended from the artist to Gertrude Agnes White Abbott (d.1937, née Prynne), wife of the artist’s grandson, who gave it in 1923 to the present owner, the Victoria and Albert Museum, London (E.3986-1923).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 1923, E.3986-1923
- Gertrude Agnes White Abbott ( - 1937), 1923
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 158
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.