- The Head of Lake Geneva from Vevey
- No date
- Pen and grey ink, blue and grey washes
- image height 255mm,
- image width 1115mm
- four sheets of paper
- sheet, verso
- “The Head of the Lake of Geneva from Vevey.F.T.JWA”
- Object Type
- Monochrome wash
Descended through the White Abbott family until sold at Sotheby’s on 21st March 2001, lot 172, for £3,500. It is thereafter untraced.
- Exhibition History
- Three Exeter Artists of the Eighteenth Century: Francis Hayman RA, Francis Towne, John White Abbott, Royal Albert Memorial Museum, 1951, no. 132
- Timothy Wilcox, Francis Towne, Tate Publishing: London, 1997, p. 99
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.