- Francis Towne (1739 - 1816)
- View in Cumberland
- No date
- Object Type
- Catalogue Number
- Description Sources
- Agnew's records
Bought by Agnew’s (no.0594) from Parke Benet, New York, lot 183, for $200 with FT103, and sold by them to a private collector on 2 January 1973. It seems highly likely that its early provenance was the same as FT103, which was sold by Judith Merivale to Emily Norrie of Pequot Avenue, New London, Connecticut (Agnew’s records).
- Associated People & Organisations
- Private Collection, 2 January 1973
- Thomas Agnew & Sons, London, 21 April 1971, USD 200, no.0594
- Parke Benet Galleries, New York, 21 April 1971, lot 183
- [?] Emily Norrie (1891 - 1973), New London, Connecticut
- [?] Judith Ann Merivale (1860 - 1945), Oxford
Revisions & Feedback
The website will be updated from time to time and, when changes are made, a PDF of the previous version of each page will be archived here for consultation and citation.
Please help us to improve this catalogue
If you have information, a correction or any other suggestions to improve this catalogue, please contact us.